Call for Films
The German International Ethnographic Film Festival (GIEFF)
is celebrating its 16th edition from May 25th- 29th 2022 in Goettingen, Germany
We are pleased to announce the new call for films
- open until December 15th 2021!
- early bird submissions until November 25th 2021.
Apply here: https://www.gieff.de/submission.html
The GIEFF places particular emphasis on:
- the examination of current cultural and social processes
- the participation of filmmakers from the Global South
- productions that are characterised by special closeness and insight
- promotion of young filmmakers through a student film competition
- innovative (documentary) filmic approaches
Filmmakers from Social and Cultural Anthropology, Sociology, Folklore Studies and neighboring disciplines as well as documentary filmmakers especially from the global south are welcome. An international selection committee consisting of both academics and filmmakers reviews the submitted films with respect to their cinematic quality and potential to stimulate debates among the audience.
Taking from last year experience, we plan the next festival as a hybrid festival. We hope we can all meet in Goettingen, Germany, but we want to give viewers and especially filmmakers the possibility to participate online not only in just streaming the films but also in joining the discussions.
We are looking forward to receive quite diverse submissions and to welcome guests and visitors from around the globe.